Friday, December 18, 2009

A Holiday Shower

I've been inspired by Rose and Al to start my own blog to share pics and updates of our new life in the Peninsula. I'll start off with pics from a recent holiday cocktail shower thrown by Rose, Kevin, and my parents. I had such a wonderful time..and it was so much fun to have the guys involved..


The house was decked out for the holidays - absolutely stunning. Guests enjoyed Spanish wine, cava, 'tinis, and tequila...while I sipped on sparkling water in a wine glass with a twist. Buffet was all Spanish - albondigas, tortilla de patatas, jamon serrano, manchego cheese, escalivada, arroz con pollo...and for dessert, Ads' flan that was to die for.


One of my favorite pics from the night - Carolina was decked out in the cutest silver dress, bloomers, fluffy socks, and patent black shoes! Ahh..just realized you can't see the shoes and socks in this pic!


We did not open our gifts during the cocktail, but waited till the guests left for the evening. Mike and I both opened our gifts - and it was so cute seeing him ogle over the most adorable baby blankets, swaddles, and toys. This marked our last shower before our little girl arrives...5 weeks and counting..




3 comments:

  1. You and Carolina looked stunning. I know Mike will figure out what to do with the swaddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, you look beautiful! I love the idea of the couple's shower. Love the beginning of the blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely precious. My dad sends all his love a big kiss and a hug. He says if you have a boy to name him Rene hahahaha! Mariana is a beautiful name! xoxo Amaya

    ReplyDelete