OMG - moving just in time for the holidays is something else. Mike and I packed up our SF place late November and moved into our new place in Menlo park over Thanksgiving break. Our December consisted of unpacking, furniture shopping, setting up utilities, learning how to work and troubleshoot our appliances, holiday shopping, 'Christmafying' the house, and of course wrapping gifts.
All packed up
Our moving truck
Setting up our mailbox
As if we didn't have enough on our plate, our move occurred when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant....wanting to nest..fix...nest...fix...but felt helpless coz I couldn't carry anything, started developing the sore feet, had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel on left arm, sighed at the scales every morning. Both my sister Rose and I chose to move at this point in our pregnancy...
Tree Trimming evening w/ Rose, Kevin, and Al
We also decided to host Christmas brunch for 17 people in our new place so that we could start the tradition. More setting up, decorating, calling every bakery to see if they have brioche, cooking, discovering the dishwasher is broken days before Christmas. Despite the extra work, it was a success and we had a wonderful time. :)

My contribution: decor
Mike's contribution: THE FOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment