This was the first NYE we have spent in the US since 1997 - definitely a different and more mellow vibe that the typical New Years in Manila/Boracay with the fireworks, debauchery, craziness. With little Carolina at home and me being 9 months preggo, we kept is rather quiet, but still managed to have a great time (although I have to admit it was rather weird that I neither saw nor heard any fireworks). To start off the evening, we had cocktails with the fam at our place. Mixed maritinis, enjoyed champagne, fois gras pate, and I had sparkling cider which was actually a nice change from the Pellegrino I have grown so tired of!
We had dinner at Madera Restaurant in Rosewood - a beautiful new resort off Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park. We enjoyed a 5 course meal and could barely walk to the bar afterwards. We rung in the New Year at the Rosewood Bar. Here are some of the silly snaps from midnight..
And a nice shot of mom and her three girls..
No comments:
Post a Comment